Psst…Do You Know What’s Being Said About You Online?
If I told you that there’s a simple way to keep bang up to date with what people are saying about you, what’s important to you and sift out the info you really want to know – for free, would you believe me?
I hope so, because it’s true!
That tool is Google Alerts. It monitors words chosen by you and sends you the latest stories in as-it-happens, daily or weekly reports by email keeping you instantly up to date.
Some no-brainer ideas of how it can help you:
- Keep track of the latest news in your industry
- Monitor what people are saying about you, your business and key people within it
- Know when your product name or service is mentioned
- Listen to mentions about your clients
- Check who’s mentioning your website or linking to your blog
- Keep an eye on your competitors (yep, sneaky)
How to set up Google Alerts and get informed
- Head over to Google.com/Alerts
- Make a list of names and words that you want to monitor. Include your company, full name, website (don’t include http://www.), and any industry terms of interest
- If your search term includes more than one word you’ll want to put it in quotes so it searches your exact phrase, like this: “Alicia Cowan”
- To remove unrelated searches that have the same name add a minus ‘-’ to your search. For instance, if I was conducting a search on Richard Branson but not THE Richard Brandson, my search would look like this: “Richard Branson – Virgin”
- Then, add them to your Google Alerts account and prepare to be enlightened!
Do You Want To Be Brilliant On Twitter?
My Twitter Brilliance training programme is where I share honest, achievable and must-know methods for boosting your business using Twitter. No BS. Find Out More!
Join the priority list to receive details and more Twitter goodies the moment they’re released. Get On The List
Never ever miss another update! Sign up for your free modern
marketing tips here...
STOP second guessing and learn the marketing secrets you need to make money online...